Do I Qualify?
Simply put…in addition to meeting federal law requirements…you must:
1. Be 21 years old.
2. Not be addicted to the use of alcohol.
3. Not bear probable cause to use a weapon unlawfully or in such other manner as would endanger the person’s self or others based on prior actions in the last 2 years.
4. a) Not be a convicted felon. b) Not have a misdemeanor for domestic violence.
5. Not have been convicted of an aggravated misdemeanor within the last three years.
6. Not be prohibited by federal law to carry a firearm.
7. Meet Iowa Code 724.8 – Persons ineligible for permit to carry weapons.
8. a) Have no pending charges b) Have no felony convictions c) Have no outstanding arrest warrants
9. Demonstrate knowledge of handgun safety (Your Iowa concealed certificate of completion)
10. Not be subject to a court order restraining you from harassing, stalking, or threatening your intimate partner, your child or the child of your intimate partner.